SSL certificate is a global technological standard that creates a connection between a web hosting in Vietnam and a browser.
- What is SSL?
SSL stands for Secure Sockets Layer. This is a standard of global technology security creating a connection between a web server and a browser. This connection ensures that all data exchanged between browser and web server is always secure and safe. That mean all data will be is encrypted and avoid the risk of leaking information.
Currently, SSL is used by millions of websites in an effort to protect of online transactions and customer’s information. SSL allows customers to verify the authenticity and reliability of the website.
- The operating principle of SSL
SSL technology keeps online transactions safe and improves the reliability of web hosting Vietnam with only 3 steps:
– Encrypt private information in online transactions.
– Each SSL Certificate is created for only one website.
– Website owners have been validated by prestigious organization before getting SSL certificates.
The operation of SSL:
– Web browser requires website to provide accuracy information.
– Website sends SSL certificate to browser.
– Browser checks the authenticity of this SSL certificates. If it is authenticated, the browser will send notification to confirm that SSL has been accepted.
– Website resends digital signature to encrypt and decrypt in the next transaction.
– The data exchanged between the browser and the website is encrypted completely.
- Process of SSL authentication
When website sends an SSL certificate to the browser, the browser will continue sending it to a server hosting Vietnam that hosts previous digital data. SSL uses public encryption in order to allow website and browser to choose the final information. This data will be changed in each transaction in the future. Other person will not decrypt it even if he can access to server which hosts the data.
Currently, there are three types of SSL certificates: Organization Validation (OV), Extended Validation (EV) and Domain Validation (DV). If you have the ecommerce website and need a SSL certificate, you should use OV or EV SSL such as TrueBusinessID GeoTrust, GeoTrust EV or EV SSL TrueBusinessID.